||We Share a Bond
A song of reflection and empowerment
for breast cancer awareness.
Music and lyrics by Lucas Richman.
Performed by a Choir of breast cancer survivors and co-survivors and the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra.
|Proceeds from We Share a Bond recording sales benefit
Komen Knoxville and the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra.
In May of 2001, the Pittsburgh Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation was marking the tenth anniversary of its annual Race for the Cure. Penny Anderson Brill, a violist in the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and breast cancer survivor, introduced then Pittsburgh Symphony Assistant Conductor, Lucas Richman, to members of the Pittsburgh Affiliate with the intention that he might write something to commemorate the occasion. The resultant song of inspiration and empowerment, We Share a Bond, was premiered on Mother's Day that year, by a choir of breast cancer survivors and members of the Pittsburgh Symphony. Performed annually in Pittsburgh since then, the song was introduced at Knoxville's Race for the Cure in October, 2004. The Knoxville Affiliate subsequently approved a grant in order to fund an official recording of the song. The Knoxville Symphony Orchestra recorded the instrumental tracks in May, 2005. A choir of breast cancer survivors and supporters was assembled in Los Angeles to record the vocal tracks in September, 2005.
Please visit Choral Music for information about We Share a Bond instrumental materials.
We Share a Bond
Music and Lyrics by Lucas Richman
Knoxville Symphony Orchestra
Music Director and Conductor
Recording by Stellar Vision and Sound
Eddie Speeks, Engineer
The Knoxville Symphony Orchestra was recorded in the James R.
Alumni Memorial Building on the campus of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Recording by Sonic Fuel Studios
Jeff Vaughn, Engineer
The recording of We Share A Bond was mixed in Los Angeles by Fred Vogler
*indicates breast cancer survivors.
|We Share a Bond Choir
Many thanks to:
- Adryan Russ for so brilliantly recruiting and organizing the vocalists
- Christopher Lennertz for so kindly donating the use of Sonic Fuel Studios for the vocal recording
- All of our vocalists who were so generous with their talent, time and spirit
- Jane Brannon, Francie Elrod and Stephanie Hardesty for their trust and belief in this project
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation - Knoxville Affiliate, for its grant support to fund this project
- Penny Anderson Brill for her constant inspiration and guidance